Sustainability Academy Overview
In 2020 UOBAM launched the Sustainability Academy to offer a series of comprehensive training and development programmes on sustainability and sustainable investing to UOBAM colleagues. The in-house academy equips colleagues in both investment and non-investment roles with sustainable investing fundamentals and helps to further embed ESG considerations into our organisation’s culture.
1. Robeco Essentials online modules
- Launched on 28 October 2020 as the first of UOBAM’s staff training programmes for Sustainability, the Robeco Essentials online modules cover key topics such as ESG integration, active ownership and measuring the contribution of companies to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
- UOBAM is the first financial institution in the world to offer Robeco’s SDG Investing module as a training course.
- This training tie-up with Robeco is the latest in UOBAM’s strategic partnership with Robeco on Sustainability, including the earlier launch of the first bond fund focused on the UN SDGs – the United Sustainable Credit Income Fund (USCIF) for retail investors in Singapore.
- In equipping its employees with the fundamentals of sustainable investing, UOBAM aims to further reinforce a culture of Sustainability, and enable all employees to become active stewards of Sustainability to drive impactful engagement with UOBAM's clients and investors.
2. The ABCs of Sustainability
- On 28 October 2020, UOBAM organised a virtual launch to our staff Sustainability Education plan for UOBAM Group colleagues.
- The programme, personally launched by UOBAM Group CEO, Mr Thio Boon Kiat, highlighted the importance of Sustainability Education and continuous learning for UOBAM staff and provided an overview of UOBAM’s Sustainability Education plan moving forward.
- The launch received 330 colleagues from across UOBAM’s regional offices.
3. A Stellar Start to Sustainability
On 29 September 2020, UOBAM organised a regional virtual launch to our Sustainability Roadmap for UOBAM Group colleagues.
The launch was presented by Stella, UOBAM's virtual avatar ambassador for Sustainability, who shared the importance of Sustainability at UOBAM, the activities available for participation in Sustainability, and how can we contribute and showcase our capabilities and activities in Sustainability at UOBAM.
The launch received over 150 participants from across the region.
4. The future starts today – ESG and Sustainability e-workshop
UOBAM hosted an ESG and Sustainability e-workshop on Microsoft Teams for all staff.
The workshop was conducted in partnership with Robeco and covered trends in Sustainability and sustainable investing strategies during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The workshop received over 200 participants from the Singapore and the regional offices.